It’s been a couple of months of late nights, teeth clenching and head scratching, usually followed loud exclamations of “It works!” but we’re finally here. The tracking system is live, and looking better than imagined.
What makes it better than others? Well it’s been designed from the beginning to be as simple as possible to run. We’ve taken all the experience from BerryLocate and used that to make the Android version even better. Here are some of the features, improvements and benefits:
- Very low battery use – By using a special algorithm in combination with both GPS and network tracking, we’ve managed to reduce the battery use to almost unnoticable levels under the right circumstances.
- On device tracking. Previously you had to visit a website to track a phone. This is still possible, but you can also track one phone from another using the GPS Tracker app. A great way to keep track of your loved ones when you’re also out and about.
- Tracking even when you’re indoors, thanks to the integration of wifi and cellphone based tracking.
- Still the same great tracking views as before. You can see where you were on a specific day at a specific time.
- The useful Geo-Fencing features sending notifications when you enter or leave an area.
- The SOS feature keeping you safe by sending an SMS and an email to people you have selected.
- The website is now optomized for mobile. No more scrolling left and right when you’re on small screens!
If that sounds good to you, click here to download, and please tell your friends and collegues too! We’re also happy to receive feature requests or ideas on how to improve the system.
Here are some screenshots: